Friday, September 25, 2009

Volunteer Luncheon

So I went to the Ombudsman and Family Readiness Volunteer Recognition Luncheon today. It was amazing. I got to dress up...which these days doesn't happen much...sit with great friends, eat some good food, and be acknowledged for the volunteer work I do with the Marine Corp. Mayor Sanders announced that today in San Diego is now Ombudsman and Family Readiness Volunteer Day and we were all recognized with a pin and letter from President Obama! As I sat there thinking what a wonderful time I was having, the Commanding Officer of the 37 Group came up and gave me a challenge coin. Now for those of you who don't know that is a pretty big deal. My challenge coin now out ranks any that my husband has :) Any way...volunteering for me is its own reward but it sure is amazing to be recognized in this way for it. God Bless America!

*pictures to come

No comments:

Post a Comment